A German study of 27 children receiving IO access in the prehospital setting reported successful first attempt IO insertions in 96% of the cases. All insertions were completed within 60 seconds.
Read more | Comments
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is air embolism a possibility through an IO needle?
- Do I have to worry about fat embolism?
- Will infusing drugs through the IO space cause damage to the bone marrow?
- What about the long-term side effects of using IO?
- What about osteomyelitis or other infection?
We need your help
We need mini reviews on the following
- The new CPR and IO use
- Combat Casualty Care and IO
- IO vascular access in infants
- Complications of Adult IO vascular access
- Other topics are welcome